Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Song Stylings of Nimoy & Shatner



Inspired by a ridiculous conversation about the universe, some equally ridiculous space music. Leonard Nimoy's album Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space is out of print, for some reason I can't fathom, and used copies are ridiculously expensive. So I'm posting more tracks from it than I ordinarily would. William Shatner's "Theme from Cyrano" actually has a space link. His take on "It Was a Very Good Year"... well, it somehow seems "not of this world", anyway. A couple songs from Shatner's Has Been finish off the post, and aren't especially space-related. They do show the value of a singer teaming up with the right collaborators and producer. I can only hope Nimoy will keep trying until he hits upon just the right combination.

MP3:Leonard Nimoy - Highly Illogical

MP3:Leonard Nimoy - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Earth

MP3:Leonard Nimoy - Music to Watch Space Girls By (apparently the music from a Diet Pepsi ad, with the word "Space" added to fit with the theme of the album)

MP3:Leonard Nimoy - You Are Not Alone

MP3:Leonard Nimoy - Alien



MP3:William Shatner - Theme from Cyrano (from The Transformed Man)

MP3:William Shatner - It Was a Very Good Year (from The Transformed Man)

MP3:William Shatner - Together (feat Lemon Jelly) (from Has Been, produced by Ben Folds. Shatner's other collaborators on the album included Joe Jackson, Adrian Belew, Aimee Mann, and Henry Rollins)

MP3:William Shatner - Ideal Woman (from Has Been)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

And wasn't Shatner's "Common People" with Ben Folds just brilliant aswell!

My thoughts on music

3:01 PM  
Blogger trill42 said...

It's an awesome cover. I didn't post it because I figured it's the one people are most likely to already have.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home