Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sparkles, No. Camera, Yes.

So Chris Elliott a.k.a. The Guy Under the Seats a.k.a. male model Sparkles has written a parody of a historical crime thriller. It's called The Shroud of the Thwacker, and in an "exclusive video" at Amazon, Elliott promises after reading "Shroud", you will "not only will you question why you bought the book in the first place, but you'll question your own sense of reality, who you are as a human being in this world, and possibly your own sexuality to boot."

Hey, all I needed to know was that Elliott wrote it! He was also scheduled to discuss and sign the book at a Southern Cal. bookstore today. I showed up; Sparkles did not. I didn't see any copies of "Shroud", but it's possible I missed them and I didn't ask for a copy... If he ends up doing another signing in Southern Cal., I might go to that, so better to not buy the book yet. I don't know that distribution problems caused the cancellation, and I didn't ask, but I did hear an employee tell someone that they didn't know why the signing was cancelled or whether it would be rescheduled.

A bummer... but there has been good news today too. For one thing, I have inherited a very nifty digital camera from my brother, the first that's my own, not borrowed... I had decision paralysis about which kind to get, so this is especially nice (and free!). I have already learned how to use the "red-eye reducer" button (I am such a quick study!), so if Chris Elliott shows up somewhere in the greater L.A. area at a semi-convenient time and place, by gum his picture will show up here, and his eyes will not not be a glowing red. (Yeah, I know that can be fixed later anyway! But still!)

These next four songs are by Handsome Boy Modeling School, named after the modeling school Chris Elliott's character attends in the Get a Life episode "The Prettiest Week of My Life". The first two songs feature audio from that episode.

MP3:Handsome Boy Modeling School - Look At This Face (Oh My God They're Gorgeous) (from So... How's Your Girl)

MP3:Handsome Boy Modeling School - Modeling Sucks (from So... How's Your Girl)

MP3:Handsome Boy Modeling School - Rock and Roll (Could Never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2 (from White People)

MP3:Handsome Boy Modeling School (feat. Cat Power) - I've Been Thinking (from White People)

MP3:Spoon - I Turn My Camera On (from Gimme Fiction)

Hmmm... a stretch perhaps to get from decision paralysis to this but what the heck?

MP3:Bob Mould - Paralyzed (LoudBomb ClubMix) (from the deluxe edition of Body of Song)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home