Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, January 01, 2006

On Strike Until My Flying Car Arrives. Oh, Okay...

I have a few problems with this new year. I still don't have a flying car. Food is still not available in tiny, yet enormously delicious capsule form. Most people still seem to accept the concept of a mail-free, government shutdown "holiday" the day after a real "holiday" that's pretty iffy anyway. The real celebration here is at the very end of December 31st and the very beginning of January 1st. Just because January 1st happens to fall on a Sunday, why should the following day be transformed into a holiday? I believe the technical term for this is "bogus".

Still, 2006 and I are getting along pretty well so far. My only gripes have been minor ones (although a flying car would be mighty convenient...)

A few songs with varying degrees of connection to a "new year"/future theme... sorry, no Timbuk 3, though I heartily endorse their message.

Azure Ray - The New Year (from Burn and Shiver)

The Breeders - New Year (from Last Splash)

Motion City Soundtrack - The Future Freaks Me Out (from I Am the Movie)

The Stills - Yesterday Never Tomorrows (from Logic Will Break Your Heart)

The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year (from Odyssey and Oracle)

Edwyn Collins - Low Expectations (from Gorgeous George. Not a dour song, despite the title)

There's a rather lovely update about Edwyn Collins. He returned to the studio on Christmas, for the first time since his brain hemorrhage in February. Collins is working on mixing his new album "with the wonderful assistance of Sebastian Lewsley, his right hand man and sparring partner for the last 12 years." His recovery is by no means complete, and messages of support are still welcome at his website and via e-mail. Cards may also be sent, to this address:

West Heath Studios
West Heath Yard
174 Mill Lane
London, NW6 1TB

2 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

I think I may actually send him a card!!

4:48 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

That's awesome. :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home