Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Saturday, December 24, 2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside



"Baby, It's Cold Outside" is of my favourite holiday songs. Though it's thought of as a classic Christmas tune, there's nothing about Christmas in the lyrics. It's more of a winter song. The idea of a Christmas song dedicated to seduction does have a certain appeal. Christopher Walken should really do a cover as his Saturday Night Live character "The Continental".

Tom Jones & Cerys from Catatonia - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from Reload and Now! The Christmas Album)

Carmen McRae and Sammy Davis Jr - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from UltraLounge - Christmas Cocktails, Part 3. This version might be the closest thing we have to a Christopher Walken cover for now, and that's not a dis)

The Brian Setzer Orchestra and Ann-Margaret - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from Boogie Woogie Christmas)

Ray Charles and Betty Carter - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from The Spirit of Christmas)

Dean Martin - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from Christmas With the Rat Pack)

Vanessa Willians and Bobby Caldwell - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from Silent Night, Soulful Night. I hate this version. I don't find it "soulful". I find it "painful")

Holly Cole and Ed Robertson (of Barenaked Ladies) - Baby, It's Cold Outside (from Baby, It's Cold Outside. Nifty)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home