Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stereophonics to Release Live Album

Stereophonics are set to release a 2-CD live album on April 3 in the UK. Live From Dakota will include 20 songs recorded on their 2005 Language.Sex.Violence.Other? tour. One track, "Jayne", is previously unreleased.

On the heels of Live From Dakota (or some weeks later anyway) will be Live. Studio. Video. Other., a DVD including a 49-minute "road movie", "dressing room footage" (alright then), as well as both live footage and videos for all the singles from Language.Sex.Violence.Other? So far, there's only a "UK press release" on Stereophonics' website; it doesn't contain any info about release dates for Live In Dakota outside the UK.

However, it does reveal that, according to singer Kelly Jones, Live In Dakota "was all about capturing an energy", not about being "note perfect." Cagey. He's already prepped a response if any reviewers accuse him of singing off-key.

Jones adds, "It's raw and to the point and I think it captures what the shows were about, no overdubs were added." That's good, but I'd add something like "Rock's supposed to be messy." I'm American, so I might tweak it to "Rock's supposed to be messy, man!" Stereophonics are Welsh, so... well, maybe I'd better not try to sound Welsh. I could do it, but when I attempt to sound Welsh, it's more about capturing the spirit and vibrancy of Wales and their populace than about an "accurate rendition".

Track Listing For Live From Dakota:

Disc One:

Superman
Doorman
A Thousand Trees
Devil
Mr Writer
Pedalpusher
Deadhead
Maybe Tomorrow
The Bartender And The Thief
Local Boy In The Photograph

Disc Two:

Hurry Up And Wait
Madame Helga
Vegas Two Times
Carrot Cake And Wine
I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There To Come Back)
Jayne
Too Many Sandwiches
Traffic
Just Looking
Dakota

Stereophonics - A Thousand Trees (Live At Oxford Zodiac) (from one of the "A Thousand Trees" singles)

Stereophonics - Local Boy In The Photograph (from Word Gets Around, and a single)

And it's not on the album, but covers are fun...

Stereophonics - Sunny Afternoon (Kinks cover, from one of the "Just Looking" singles)

2 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

They are not my fave, but I remain obsessed with "Maybe Tomorrow"!

5:23 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

They're not one of my very favorites, but I do like them... they have some great songs, like "Dakota" and, yes, "Maybe Tomorrow"...

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home