Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Friday, November 24, 2006

CMJ New Music Monthly CD: Vol. 143

Lots of familiar tracks on the new compilation from CMJ New Music Monthly. Sandi Thorn's "I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)", in particular, is in danger of reaching a Clap Your Hands Say Yeah level of omnipresence if it appears on any more magazine CDs.

The Mew, David Ford, and Bright Eyes songs are all really good, but I hope to not see them on another compilation. (I also saw the same Mew song on another compilation on Wednesday.) My post-Thanksgiving-trip exhaustion is not a factor at all in my lack of patience with--Zzzzzzzzz.....

CMJ Vol. 143 Track Listing

1. Bright Eyes - I Will Be Grateful For This Day
2. Oasis - Acquiesce
3. Copeland - Control Freak
4. Mew - Special
5. The Comfies - Close To Me
6. Amos Lee - Shout Out Loud
7. Boys Like Girls - Hero-Heroine
8. A.G.A.S - Frozen
9. Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
10. A Bad Think - Graveyard Song
11. The Rewinds - Ghostriders
12. Hammock - Raising Your Voice
13. Nicole Atkins - Neptune City
14. Terra Diablo - That Always Works
15. Delicate Noise - Clearly
16. David Ford - I Don't Care What You Call Me
17. Jay Wells - California

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home