Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Saturday, January 07, 2006

Tom Vek to Appear on the O.C. In Money-for-Hipness Trade

Tom Vek will tape an appearance on The O.C. this month, performing "C-C (You Set the Fire in Me)" for a group of mostly 20something actors portraying high school students in the program's "club" venue, "The Peach Pit" -- I mean, "The Bait Shop".

Although Vek is opening himself up to the same sellout accusations that have followed others who have brought their music to the O.C., it seems there's a minimal risk of much career damage. Besides, those criticisms are tired now, and were half-baked and not that interesting when they were new. It might prove a fun diversion for Vek to come up with snappy comebacks such as "I can't hear your complaints about my artistic integrity; my new money counting machine is too loud." Having the last laugh over a tall stack of Benjamins is the way they do it the O.C., bitches.

Tom Vek - C-C (You Set the Fire in Me) (from We Have Sound)

Jens Lekman - The One Dollar Thought (from the You Deserve Someone Better Than A Bum Like Me EP)

M.I.A. - Ten Dollar (from Arular)

1 Comments:

Blogger trill42 said...

Appearing on the OC is definitely a savvy move for Vek if he wants greater mainstream exposure. Must admit, "C-C" doesn't really connect with me. It's retro, which is cool but I only find it slightly catchy. It ultimately reminds me of retro songs that I find catchier and like more. So far at least it hasn't endeared itself to me... but I'll give it a chance to work its way into my heart.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home