Q Covered - The Eighties CD
The August Q is the 80s issue, complete with an 80s covers CD and an old photo of a young Madonna on the cover itself.
In the mag, lists of the 40 best albums and 40 best tracks of the 80s (separate post on those lists to come), an article about Madonna (no new interview with her), another about Boy George (ditto), a feature about the making of U2's The Joshua Tree, and interviews with Corinne Bailey Rae and The Who's Roger Daltrey.
Q refers to this compilation as containing "15 exclusive covers" but in their "liner notes" in the magazine six of the songs are listed as available elsewhere. The others were either "Specially recorded for Q" or "Exclusive to Q magazine". Still, many of the songs are Q exclusives...
Q Covered - The Eighties Track Listing:
1. Orson - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
2. The Futureheads - Let's Dance (David Bowie cover, specially recorded for Q)
3. Boy Kill Boy - It's Different For Girls
4. Neal Casal - Wishing Well (Terence Trent D'Arby cover, specially recorded for Q)
5. Lorraine - Heaven
6. Cord - Spirits In The Material World
7. Boy Least Likely To - Faith (George Michael cover, specially recorded for Q)
8. Teddy Thompson - Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House cover, specially recorded for Q)
9. Catherine Feeny - I'm On Fire
10. Kelley Stoltz - Heaven Up Here
11. Camera Obscura - Modern Girl (Sheena Easton cover, specially recorded for Q)
12. Clayhill - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
13. Katie Melua - Just Like Heaven
14. Placebo - Running Up That Hill
15. Elf Power - Upside Down