Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, December 31, 2006

Two Takes on Love Like Semtex

Whilst quickly rifling through some CDs on a minor quest the other day, I spotted a familiar song title (it was one of my favorite earworms of the year) on an older disc. I had really liked the album, Rialto's self-titled debut, released in 1998, but didn't remember their song, "Love Like Semtex" when Infadels later used the same title. The songs are very different.

Rialto is no longer together, but their lead singer Louis Eliot has released a solo EP and album. Streaming audio samples are available at his website.

The two versions of "Love Like Semtex":

Rialto - Love Like Semtex (from Rialto)

The video of Infadels' version:



Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home