Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, July 10, 2005

Q July CD: "Here Comes the Sun"

The July issue of Q includes their attempt at "the ultimate summer playlist" in handy CD format. I disagree that this is the ultimate summer playlist. However, I wouldn't last long at Q suggesting they instead market a CD like this as "some really good songs, plus some other ones." It is a good CD, but I don't know that the mood says "summer" somehow...

Track Listing:

1. Paul Weller - Pink On White Walls
2. mp3:Willy Mason - So Long
3. The Mamas & the Papas - Shooting Star
4. Feeder - Tumble and Fall (Acoustic)
5. Tracey Thorn - Plain Sailing
6. mp3:Elliott Smith - Let's Get Lost
7. mp3:Teenage Fanclub - Please Stay
8. mp3:Big Star - Dony (**newly added, 7/17)**
9. mp3:The Magic Numbers - The Mule
10. Sandy Denny - It'll Take A Long Time
11. Bright Eyes - Take It Easy (Love Nothing)
12. Mercury Rev - Opus 40
13. mp3:Martha Wainwright - Factory
14. Ben Watt - North Marine Drive
15. mp3:The Flaming Lips - One Million Billionth of a Millisecond on a Sunday Morning

2 Comments:

Blogger Glenda Ollero said...

I'm dying to hear that Big Star track. Any plans of uploading it? :>

3:57 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Done... I think it's really good. Hope you like it too.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home