Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Friday, August 26, 2005

Fearless Records Summer Sampler 05

Fearless Records has produced a nifty CD featuring tracks from 9 bands on (naturally) their label. It's being given away with at least some newsstand issues of Spin, and very possibly other places. At the label's website you can do the usual label-website stuff (listen to more music from these bands (and others), watch videos, check bands' tour dates, send e-cards, and download icons.

Fearless Records Summer Sampler 05 Track Listing:

1. mp3:Gatsby's American Dream - Theatre ("my favorite color is shame"... "the sky is painted melancholy"... okay, guys very creative and dramatic, but those aren't colours. If I let it go this time, they'll never learn)
2. mp3:Plain White T's - All That We Needed(sweet power pop)
3. mp3:Sugarcult - Crying (At first listen, I thought the lyrics were too repetitive but I knew I liked it enough to post it. A couple days later - today! - I like it much more... I quite like the music, and the lyrics aren't as repetitive as I thought they were. It's just the chorus that has that repetition and it isn't really "bad")
4. Yesterday's Rising - I Am Fortunate to Know
5. mp3:Rock Kills Kid - Paralyzed(dang, this is catchy)
6. At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor
7. So They Say - Goodbye Goodbye
8. mp3:Halifax - Straight Up (Yes, this is a Paula Abdul cover; it was on the fourth Punk Goes 80's compilation, which came out earlier this summer. I love that concept, and this track is pretty strong)
9. Brazil - Escape

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home