Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Wednesday, October 26, 2005

In an 80s Mood

Feeling somewhat 80s, a bit excessive, and not very wordy, so without further blahblah, here are a lot of songs from the 80s... movie screening tonight, so a return to wordiness for the review, if not sooner...

Arcadia - Election Day (from Beat of the 80's Vol. 1)

Flying Lizards - Money (That's What I Want) (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 1)

The Mighty Lemon Drops - Inside Out (from World Without End)

Bryan Ferry - Slave to Love (from More Than This: The Best Of Bryan Ferry And Roxy Music)

Oingo Boingo - Not My Slave (from Boi-ngo. Oingo Boingo used to play Halloween concerts in L.A. so it seems appropriate for a music blogger 'round these parts to post Oingo Boingo at this time of year. Even though I never went to an Oingo Boingo concert, let alone one of the Halloween ones. I liked them though!)

Oingo Boingo - Wild Sex (In the Working Class) (from Nothing to Fear)

Go West - Call Me (from Aces and Kings: The Best of Go West)

Kraftwerk - The Telephone Call (from Electric Cafe)

The Call - The Walls Came Down (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 10)

The Smiths - A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours (from Strangeways, Here We Come)

Kirsty MacColl - A New England (Billy Bragg cover, from The One and Only)

Red Rockers - China (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 10)

EBN-OZN - AEIOU Sometimes Y (from Living In Oblivion: The 80s Greatest Hits, Vol. 3)

Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well (Three Coins in a Fountain Mix) (from Back to the 80s: The Long Versions)

Talk Talk - Such a Shame (from Back to the 80s: The Long Versions)

Captain Sensible - Wot (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 6)

Nick Lowe - Cruel to Be Kind (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. )

Go West - We Close Our Eyes (from Aces and Kings: The Best of Go West)

A Flock of Seagulls - Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You) (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 10)

Martha & the Muffins - Echo Beach (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 2)

X - White Girl (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 6. This is not a new wave song, but at least its inclusion gives it more exposure)

Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 9)

The House of Love - Hope (from The House of Love)

The Monroes - What Do All the People Know(from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 4)

Pete Shelley - Homosapien (from Just Can't Get Enough - New Wave Hits of the 80s Vol. 5)

Talking Heads - And She Was (from Little Creatures)

The Replacements - I Hate Music (from Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash)

2 Comments:

Blogger Omni said...

Most of these files are gone... any chance you might re-post them? :-)

2:49 PM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Yikes, I'll say I was feeling a "bit excessive"; I can't believe how many songs I posted at once! :) Good stuff though; I love 80s new wave/alt-rock.

OK, I've re-uploaded a dozen songs so far (to sendspace), and I'll upload more later. I'm toasting the "MP3" in front of the song names as I update the links so that should make it easy to quickly see which links are fresh. Enjoy!

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home