Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sonic Youth Gets "Song-Orientated" As They Record Next Album

Sonic Youth has told Belgian magazine De Morgen that they are now working on their last album for Geffen, currently called Sonic Life, which they describe as "very song orientated".

What the heck does that mean? Is it a good thing?

mp3:Sonic Youth - I Dreamed I Dream (from Sonic Nurse. Remains to be seen how "song-orientated" that album is in comparison to Sonic Life)

mp3:Sonic Youth - I Love You Golden Blue (also from Sonic Nurse)

On an unrelated note... some REM... didn't get a chance to write about that REM story this morning (the original members of REM reuniting to play at a wedding and all that jazz), but when I thought I was going to write about that -- more than I just did, that is! -- I uploaded some REM songs. So I might as well post them...

MP3:REM - Wolves, Lower (from Dead Letter Office, etc.)

MP3:REM - Begin the Begin (from Life's Rich Pageant, etc.)

MP3:REM - The One I Love (Live) (which was performed at the wedding and is not a romantic song at all! If it's a favourite of the couple, that's all well and good... but really, not exactly a sweet love song! From the import reissue of Document)

MP3:REM - (Don't Go Back to) Rockville (from Eponymous, etc.)

MP3:REM - Radio Free Europe (from Murmur, etc.)

MP3:REM - Radio Free Europe (Live) (from the Strange Currencies single)

MP3:REM - Cuyahoga (from Life's Rich Pageant, etc.)

MP3:REM - Star Me Kitten (from Automatic for the People)

MP3:REM - At My Most Beautiful (from Up)

MP3:REM - Be Mine (from New Adventures in Hi-Fi)

2 Comments:

Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

perfect choices. love 'em

2:57 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Thanks :) I love REM... I like to think that the original group may reunite and be able to recapture that old magic.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home