Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Blog Post Containing Songs

Well, I don't know about you kids, but I've spent a hefty chunk of my evening fighting a computer virus. My beloved computer caught it in the course of "official" blog business, and then it kept me from blog business. That ain't right. That ain't justice. I'm scrapping the post I planned to write for tonight for time purposes and going with an assortment pack of songs. Sorry about the lack of much of a post -- I am disgruntled about it -- although these are good songs! My computer is, finally, as pure as the driven snow again (as far as viruses are concerned, it is still chock-full of Backstreet Boys tunes).
 
Until tomorrow, keep your feet on the ground, keep reaching for the sky, and hope you don't get itchy.
 
Big Country - Cracked Actor (David Bowie cover, from Starman: A Tribute To David Bowie, an Uncut magazine compilation -- not sure where else it may appear. Not wholeheartedly endorsing this cover, but it makes an interesting contrast to the original, which I posted yesterday)
 
The Divine Comedy - Life on Mars (David Bowie cover, from the same compilation. More like it).

They Might Be Giants - I Should Be Allowed to Think (from John Henry. I'm pretty sure some sort of conspiracy involving Gwyneth Paltrow, virus writers, a few well-placed people at Blogger, and various other shadowy nefarious figures aims to keep  me from continuing this here blog)
 
They Might Be Giants - Meet James Ensor (from John Henry. Um, good song.)

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Too Real (from B.R.M.C. I thought about posting this song instead of "Love Burns" the other day... )

J. Xaverre - Ex Wonderboy (from Acid Stars. I quite like this song; it's a pity it wasn't released it the States)
 
The Weakerthans - A New Name for Everything (from Reconstruction Site. The Weakerthans are great, and write excellent lyrics. I'm slightly less fond of them since seeing a supremely stupid, flippant video for a [previously] seemingly-sincere song of theirs but I remain a fan...)
 
ABC - How to Be A Zillionaire (Bond Street Mix) (from ABC - The Remix Collection. I know, I just don't have time to tell you and still post this before midnight...)
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home