CMJ Magazine and CD: Issue 137
Lewis didn't like touring with Coldplay because she feels their fans are not "music people... It's hard to play for people that really don't give a shit."
She loves Vincent Gallo and seems fondly disposed toward tiny dogs as well.
Much of the material covered will be familiar if you've read other recent interviews with Lewis. Her childhood had issues, she's "clueless" at love, but currently in an "on" part of an on/off relationship with someone CMJ does not name (but if you called him Jonathan Rice you would be accurate).
In the "What's This Song About?" feature, John Roderick of The Long Winters reveals that his songs are "all about 'being with someone.'" He's "not really interested in describing relationships that 'work.' Who cares about those people, the bastards." Never trust a wedding or anniversary card from John Roderick; it is semi-sincere at best.
CMJ compiled a list of the top 30 albums of 2005 for this issue. A best of 2005 list in mid-February? And a top 30? I love it! In the spirit of such wacky randomness, here's the top albums on their list:
1. Animal Collective - Feels
2. Sufan Stevens - Illinois
3. Dalek - Absence
(part of 4.) Wol
CMJ Issue 137 CD Track Listing:
1. Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins - Melt Your Heart (pretty good song from an album that disappointed me)
2. P.O.S. - P.O.S. Is Ruining My Life
3. Chris Mills - Escape From New York
4. Some Girls - Dead In A Web
5. Speech - Esmerelda (Speech Soul Remix)
6. Electric Six - Dance Epidemic
7. Three Fantastic - WWII
8. 3 - Alien Angel
9. Colossus - From The Lab (Colossus Remix)
10. The Churchills - I'm A Sucker For A Girl In Uniform
11. Bleeding Through - Kill To Believe
12. Chicago Afrobeat Project - Tibet On It
13. We Are The Fury - Better Off This Way
14. Everville - Eye
15. Downtown Singapore - What She Said
16. Philip Glass-Luciano Supervielle - Etude No. 2