Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Friday, July 21, 2006

Better British Albums?

The Times has its own ideas about which albums should have gotten Mercury nods, and it's an eclectic list, ranging from the bubbly pop of Girls Aloud to Elbow's somewhat more cerebral albums, Leaders of the Free World. Other suggestions include albums by critics' darling Corinne Bailey Rae, The Automatic, and The Feeling.

Elbow - The Everthere (available on Leaders of the Free World)

Corinne Bailey Rae - Like A Star (available on Corinne Bailey Rae I think she's talented and some of the songs are good, but others sound unfinished)

Girls Aloud - It's Magic (available on Chemistry. It sure is!)

The Feeling - Anyone (available on 12 Stops And Home. Cool song)

The Automatic - Recover (available on Not Accepted Anywhere. Pretty good. I'm disappointed not to like "That's What She Said" and "Seriously... I Hate You Guys" because I like the titles so much)

2 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

I still say Corinne is the new Rickie Lee Jones. Though the songs are not there yet.

I didn't know you liked Girls Aloud?! They were The Pipettes before The Pipettes were The Pipettes.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Pete P. said...

Elbow's latest album is awesome. It definitely could've been up for the Mercury Prize.

3:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home