Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Killers to Headline Download Fest

The Killers will headline the first U.S. Download Fest, which will be held Oct. 8 at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. Modest Mouse, the Arcade Fire, Doves, H.I.M. and Mindless Self Indulgence will also perform. Tickets go on sale Sunday, July 31.

The U.K.'s Download Fest attracted a crowd of 150,000 people to London's Donnington Park this year. Like the U.K. Fest, the American version promises "cutting-edge technology and media experiences" which I'm guessing will offer plenty of opportunities for corporate sponsorships. Yay!

A "Download Fest" also presents opportunities for goofy jokes about celebrating it by downloading music by the artists performing there, but I'm not goin' there. Nope. Too easy.

mp3:The Killers - Indie Rock & Roll (From the U.K. edition of Hot Fuss (link removed)

mp3: String Quartet Tribute to The Killers - Change Your Mind (From String Quartet Tribute to The Killers (link removed)

mp3: Modest Mouse - World at Large (From Good News For People Who Love Bad News) (link removed)

mp3: The Arcade Fire - I'm Sleeping In A Submarine (From the Arcade Fire EP) (link removed)

mp3: Doves - One of These Days (From Some Cities) (link removed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home