Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, August 28, 2005

Leona Naess: Rare Tracks (and More)

Leona Naess looking a bit unhappy, or possibly trying to remember whether she left the iron on

Leona Naess writes and sings lovely, bittersweet, heartfelt songs -- the kind that are sometimes called "confessional" (I picture her listeners packed into the other side of a confessional booth as she sings). As for the genre... file under pretty alt. pop with a bit of folk and a bit of rock swirled in there.

The first two songs posted below were bonus tracks included on the Japanese version of the album I Tried To Rock You But You Only Roll, or in the case of the nice chap who sent them my way, with a bonus sampler given away only during the first week of sales of 2000's Comatised. The third song (from the same nice fellow) is from a 2003 live performance of "Calling" from "The Tonight Show".

At Leona Naess' website you can listen to samples of tracks Naess is working on for her fourth album, as well as an mp3 of "Ballerina", a song produced by Tori Amos and available only at Naess' website. She's currently on tour with Nickel Creek.

MP3:Leona Naess - Favorite Ghost

mp3:Leona Naess - Come, Come

MP3:Leona Naess - Calling (The Tonight Show) (from 9-15-2003)

mp3:Leona Naess - Calling (from 2003's Leona Naess)

mp3:Leona Naess - Charm Attack (from 2000's Comatised)

mp3:Leona Naess - Boys Like You (from 2001's I Tried to Rock You But You Only Roll)

mp3:Leona Naess - Promise to Try (from 2001's I Tried to Rock You But You Only Roll)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi. hope things are good. would you re-up the favorite ghost cut? or a sample? i can't find it anywhere but on a 40 something dollar import. thank you if you can!

3:03 PM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Howdy... I'll leave this up 'till you've had a chance to DL it. I think it's great, hope you like it.

Leona Naess - Favorite Ghost

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home