Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Thursday, March 16, 2006

Irish Music For St. Patricks Day (Day 2)



More music in celebration of St. Patrick's Day...

Irish Tunes - Day 2:

The Divine Comedy - Charmed Life (if you pay close attention to the lyrics, this is not exactly the most romantic love song ever. But for people who appreciate the Divine Comedy's wry brand of wit, it's plenty charming. From Absent Friends)

Feargal Sharkey - She Moved Through The Fair (cover of a traditional Celtic folk song, from Pure Celtic Chillout)

Gemma Hayes - Back Of My Hand (excellent alt-pop tune, from Night On My Side)

Hothouse Flowers - Pop Song (REM's "Pop Song 89": "Hello, my friend, are you visible today?" Hothouse Flowers' "Pop Song", from 1998's Born: "You introduced me to all of your friends... The universe cries out to be your friend/You might have kissed her." Coincidence? I think not!)

The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God (Classic. Folk-flavored punk -- or just call it alternative and make life easy -- from The Ultimate Collection)

The Thrills - Say It Ain't So (power-pop, from So Much For The City)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home