Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Monday, April 03, 2006

Random Covers

Assorted Cover Songs:

DEV2.0 - Boy U Want (from DEV2.0)

Ben Lee - In My Life (from This Bird Has Flown: A 40th Anniversary Tribute To The Beatles' Rubber Soul. Lee ended a concert Saturday night after he was hit in the head by a beer bottle thrown by an audience member. He's okay, and no one else was "seriously hurt" either. Lee writes "i did not like seeing people being crushed and kicked in the head down the front of the crowd." It's not clear whether that was before or after he was injured -- if before, that would have been a great time to address the violence. To his credit Lee writes that he is "starting to think seriously about what measures i can take to make sure my concerts are not only safe for me, but for my audience.")

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs - Alone Again Or (from Under the Covers Vol. 1)

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Shipbuilding (from Punch the Clock. Great song, but as it has been pointed out, it is not a cover)

Ivy - Digging Your Scene (from Guestroom)

1 Comments:

Blogger trill42 said...

Did I forget to mention the theme was "One of these covers is not like the other. Because it isn't a cover."?

Yikes. You're entirely correct of course. Sorry about that.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home