Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Killers Covering Joy Division For "Control"

NME reports the first news of a band other than New Order on the soundtrack to Control, the upcoming Ian Curtis biopic. The Killers will cover "Shadowplay" for the movie.

In other Control news, its director Anton Corbijin says he and Peter Hook (of Joy Division and New Order) get along fine . Hook had complained Corbijn interfered with New Order's work on the soundtrack's music, but the director says, "There is no argument whatsoever between New Order and myself or Hooky and me."

He calls him Hooky. He wouldn't do that if there was a problem, would he?

Joy Division - Shadowplay (Demo Version) (available on the Heart and Soul box set)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home