Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not the First Annual February 27th Mix CD



This mix CD (or playlist, as you like it) was inspired by my recent rediscovery of a mix CD I really like. It starts out with the Ivy track, a great driving song and a strong opening song for a mix CD. I have posted it before, in January of last year, and otherwise -- no promises - but I tried to steer clear of repeats. That messed with my lovely little mix CD's track listing, one reason these songs get the watered-down "inspired by" credit. Speaking of little, I'm posting a dozen tracks, but there's no fooling you, dear readers, my CD has more. A dozen songs is still a lot, hardly little at all!

Not the First Annual February 27th Mix CD Track Listing:

1. Ivy - Four In The Morning (on In The Clear)
2. Fountains Of Wayne - I'll Do The Driving (on Out-Of-State Plates)
3. Lush - For Love (on Ciao! Best of Lush)
4. Sleeper - What Do I Do Now? (on It Girl)
5. Xploding Plastix - Dizzy Blonde (on The Donca Matic Singalongs)
6. Architecture in Helsinki - The Owls Go (on Fingers Crossed)
7. Saint Etienne - The Bad Photographer (on Good Humor)
8. The Church - The Unguarded Moment (on Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits of the 80's, Vol. 6)
9. Brett Anderson - Dust and Rain (on Brett Anderson, song removed by record label request)
10. Ted Leo/The Pharmacists - Biomusicology (on The Tyranny of Distance)
11. Doves - There Goes The Fear (on The Last Broadcast)
12. Defender - Bliss (on Hed Kandi: Serve Chilled, Vol. 59)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete P. said...

Whoo, yeaah! Great songs! AND: new Brett Anderson! And his song is quite dark, with mentionings on "needles" and "veins" and all that old great Suede mythology! Whoo, yeah!

11:16 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Thanks so much! Yeah, the Brett Anderson song is really dark, lots of imagery Hallmark would probably reject but that's perfect for him ("Your love's like an overdose, with your hands wrapped around my throat.") I like "Dust and Rain" a lot; I think it would have made a great choice as a first single instead of "Love is Dead".

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home