Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day



It's hard to know where to turn to for delightful factoids about St. Patrick's Day this year. It seems wrong to rely upon "America's Newspaper", USA Today for information about an Irish holiday, even if the information comes in a colorful chart and/or graph format. And with Wikipedia cyber-hooligans having recently falsely reported the death of beloved former comedian Sinbad, that site's hard to trust... Wait, is he still a comedian? Is he still beloved? Well, how am I supposed to check now? Damn pranksters.

I've got "Bono Outbids Everyone At Charity Auction For Bono-Autographed Guitar" but while the story seems to check out on the surface with its suggestion that he's both charitable and pompous, I suspect it's phony. Mostly because it's from The Onion.

The Onion article is more "related to an Irish celebrity" than to St. Patrick's Day. Yet St. Patrick wasn't even Irish - not by birth or parentage anyway - so I'm guessing everyone has already been pretty much making up their own rules for a long time, way before people started dying rivers green.

~ Happy St. Patrick's Day. ~

Hothouse Flowers - Sí Do Mhamó Í (Live) (on Into Your Heart)

Lyrics, as well as an English translation for this traditional Irish tune, can be found at the band's website.

Roesy - Trailing The True Star (on Live & Rare Vol.1 - 13 exclusive tracks from Ireland's favorite acts)

Duke Special - Portrait (on Songs From The Deep Forest)

The Frames - People Get Ready (on The Cost)

2 Comments:

Blogger bonjourtristesse said...

I like yer blog...hope you had a nice St. Pat's! your profile states a love of songs with false endings...Now I'm madly scanning my brain for examples! Darn you! LOL! take care!

1:40 PM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Thanks; except for the darning part. ;) I hope you had a good St. Patrick's too.

Maybe if I'm feeling masochistic sometime I'll try to make a songs w/false endings mix...





maybe.

(and possibly because I was being punished for that profile entry, this was my 4th attempt to leave a response... eek. Or possibly because of computer troubles, hard to say.)

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home