Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dramatic Music For Wednesday

goes with every outfit

Some feel that Wednesday is the most difficult day of the week. Others say that's a self-fulfilling prophesy: if you don't expect drama, there won't be any. As a general rule, it's not a bad idea to raise a single eyebrow at those who understate a case so sweepingly. You can go ahead and use the same eyebrow you raise at those who sweepingly overstate cases if you like. I can't raise one eyebrow at a time, so this doesn't apply to me.

The Undertones - Wednesday Week (on The Undertones)

Fear of Pop - In Love (on Fear of Pop Vol. 1) William Shatner delivers Ben Folds' kiss-off lyrics with brutal sarcasm.

Six By Seven - I.O.U. Love (on The Way I Feel Today) Coming up, a trio of festival gigs at the end of May for six.bysevem (or Six.BySeven or Six By Seven or 6 BY 7 ! if you prefer). If festival audiences are lucky, this terribly dramatic and beautiful tune will be on the setlists.

The String Quartet - Time Is Running Out (on The String Quartet Tribute to Muse)

Ian McNabb - There Oughta Be A Law (on Before All of This) McNabb is best known as the frontman of The Icicle Works. He knows a thing or two about how to write and sing with emotion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pete P. said...

Awesome stuff again, I especially enjoyed Six By Seven! And the string cover of Muse was cool, quite reminded me of this band Apocalyptica who used to do Metallica-covers on cellos.

9:12 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

I'm so glad you liked the music. I don't think I've heard of that band, but that's a great concept.

2:22 AM  
Blogger xolondon said...

Wait, was it your birthday

3:04 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

No, I just enjoy creating confusion.

It was my blogiversery. Wherever is the hat for that?

And do you know how difficult it is to find hats that say 2? Lots of "1" hats, but not "2"s. Every company that sells number hats seems to show the "1" as an example. How tiresome.

I hope parents aren't really throwing elaborate 1st birthday parties for their children and then not doing likewise for their other birthdays. The 2nd and 3rd birthdays are special too, aren't they? And what of poor 4?

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home