Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, August 14, 2005

Kevin Smith Blogs about Bruce Springsteen

Particularly if you're a fan of Bruce Springsteen and/or Kevin Smith, you might want to check out Smith's blog entry about Springsteen (if you haven't already done so).

A brief excerpt:

And if that wasn't enough, in "Rosalita", he sang the immortal lines

And my tires were slashed
And I almost crashed
But the Lord had mercy
And my machine, she's a dud
I'm stuck in the mud,
Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey.


I've never been a car-guy (indeed, I'm still not sure how an automobile works), but when Bruce romanticizes cars in his songs, it makes a brother wanna hang out around a garage or, at the very least, go to Pep Boys. The man's a fucking poet who, as Susannah pointed out, knows how to make the mundane epic. He takes small moments in the lives of the working class and reveals them for what they are: unsung miracles.


mp3:Bruce Springsteen - Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (from The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle, The Essential Bruce Springsteen, etc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home