Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New Kate Bush: "Bertie", "How to Be Invisible", "Aerial", "Nocturn"



Oh, happy day. I have Aerial, Kate Bush's new double album. I haven't listened to all the songs yet, and I'd like to listen to it straight through at least a couple times before commenting on it, so for now "Oh, happy day" is about all I have to say.

The BBC's reviewer had plenty to say after listening to the album, concluding that Aerial "stands alongside The Hounds of Love and The Kick Inside as her finest work." They call it "a very English album, with the rural feel of a John Betjeman or AE Houseman poem."

Side one (disc one), A Sea of Honey, contains personal songs, while the BBC review describes side two (disc two), A Sky of Honey as both "in a sense, a lyric poem set to music" and as "the album Pink Floyd might have made if Kate Bush had been their lead singer and lyricist in 1979."

Check out these songs for a taste of the album. It will be available Nov. 7 in the U.K. and Nov. 8 in the U.S.

MP3:Kate Bush - Bertie (from Aerial, disc one, A Sea of Honey)

MP3:Kate Bush - How to Be Invisible (from Aerial, disc one, A Sea of Honey)

MP3:Kate Bush - Aerial (from Aerial, disc two, A Sky of Honey)

MP3:Kate Bush - Nocturn (from Aerial, disc two, A Sky of Honey)

4 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

I think Nocturn is a song that actually lives up to the hype - it is a total Kate Bush epic. I think it would have been a better song for people to hear first (over the single). At least for Kate fans.

Really amazing vocals and the lyrics are beautiful - esp the beach part.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Trasha said...

i agree--i think it should be a single (get trimmed up a bit obviously). it's PERFECTION!!!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Casey Stratton said...

Where is everyone finding the album? I am beside myself!

6:11 PM  
Blogger muruch said...

Oh bless, I've been beside myself with anticipation of new Kate for months. Thanks!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home