Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Thursday, April 20, 2006

Kaiser Chiefs Songs "Leak" Via YouTube Videos

Kaiser Chiefs have been playing three new songs on their current tour. Perhaps inevitably, footage of the blokes performing the tunes has been posted on YouTube.

Fortunately, the band isn't upset. Lead singer Ricky Wilson takes the recordings in stride. He told the Daily Record, "We played three songs which are already on the internet," noting that they were recorded on cellphones. Wilson said, "the clips are there for people to hear, but it won't do us any harm. It's not like people are going to hear it and say 'I don't like that distorted clip so I'm not going to buy the album'." That album is not expected to be available until next year anyway. Plenty of time for people to forget how distorted they remember those new Kaiser Chiefs songs sounding! According to NME, the group hasn't even chosen a producer yet.

The new songs are "Learnt My Lesson Well", "Highroyds", and "Heat Dies Down".


Learnt My Lesson Well Video



Highroyds Video


Heat Dies Down Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home