Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Jack White's Coke Commercial - "Love is the truth"

"Love is the truth" - so buy some Coke!

When the deal with Coke was announced, White said, "I certainly wouldn't want a song that I'd already written to be used on a commercial. That seems strange. But to be asked to write something particular along one theme of love in a worldwide form that I'm not really used to appealed to me. I've written a song and I wrote it really quickly and it's an interesting commercial that's been made. I was inspired by the commercial."

The ad appears to involve interchangeable dopplegangers, or possibly clones, being loving and caring. Sweet! The relationship of love to artificially-sweetened-and-colored, carbonated beverages remains unclear to this viewer, unless the idea is an artificial love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home