Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Friday, December 15, 2006

Stylus Magazine's Top Singles Of 2006

Stylus Magazine has posted its annual Top 50 Singles of 2006 list.

Their top 10:

1. Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy"
2. T.I. - "What You Know"
3. Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland - "Promiscuous Girl"
4. The Pipettes - "Pull Shapes"
5. Delays - "Valentine"
6. Justin Timberlake feat. T.I. - "My Love"
7. Marit Larsen - "Don't Save Me"
8. Beyonce - "Irreplaceable"
9. The Research - "Lonely Hearts Still Beat the Same"
10. Bertine Zetlitz - "Midnight"

I like 40% of the top 10 if you count the song I liked for awhile but am tired of now (no, not Delays!)

Their other choices include a lot more songs I like than a list-of-50 usually contains, so I'm down with it. Some of those are: Guillemots' "Made Up Love Song #43", Peter, Bjorn and John's "Young Folks", Hot Chip's "Over and Over" and "Boy From School", and Teddybears feat. Mad Cobra "Cobrastyle". Check it out; it's a good read, and as they are wont to do, they include YouTube links.

The video for Momus' "Nervous Heartbeat" (another good one on the list):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home