Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Friday, August 17, 2007

Posy Songs



At long last, some floral songs. Sorry for the extended absence. Without veering too much into the land of the personal blog ('cause I don't roll like that), I'll say that there's a serious illness in my family, which has kept me away physically and mentally. There won't be a super-sunny outcome, but at least for now, the situation is stable. So I will try to get back into the swing of semi-occasionally writing about music, new words, gnomes, and such, usually whilst adding songs and/or photos that are semi-related on at least some tangential basis to the topic(s) of the post or at least amuse me. If I recall correctly, that's roughly how it usually works around here. Oh, and sometimes a post consists of just songs and/or YouTube clip(s). Ah, yes, it's coming back to me now... whew.

Might review the new Rilo Kiley album soon... I will withhold comment until I've listened to it all the way through, several times. This is me, not commenting at all. And "no comment" is not a comment, so there.

Posy-related songs:

Owsley - Coming Up Roses (on Owsley)

Nico - Roses in the Snow (bonus track on CD version of The Marble Index)

The Mr. T Experience - She's Not A Flower (on Yesterday Rules)

Yo La Tengo - Black Flowers (on I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass)

Michelle Shocked - Blackberry Blossom (on Arkansas Traveler)

The Teardrop Explodes - Poppies in the Field (on Kilimanjaro)

Buried Beds - Camellia (on Empty Rooms. They mean "Camellia" as in the woman's name. It's still also floral! It's one of 3 free MP3s available at the band's website )

Mirah - The Garden (on Advisory Committee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home