Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Thursday, February 08, 2007

Anti-Valentine's Songs



The above design is by Liam Neeson, and it's from Whatever It Takes. They sell a wide range of products from mugs to t-shirts to soap, all ethically produced.

Registered members vote on whether they want to buy products with certain designs by, say, David Bowie, Dr. Ruth Westheimer, Ewan McGregor, or Liam Neeson.

Each artist chooses the nonprofit to receive funds from products sold with their artwork. Nearly forty, including Adopt-A-Minefield and The Lotus Foundation are benefiting.

The Songs:

I don't know why I love you
Your face is a hammer in my head


House Of Love - I Don't Know Why I Love You (7" Drip Of Rockman Mix) (on the Splendor soundtrack)

I've been trying to build a bridge to get to you for so many years
Now it looks like it'll have to be a dam instead to hold back the tears
You won't make me cry
My heart won't break in two
My love is especially for you


The Smithereens - Especially For You (on Green Thoughts)

I want to be good
Is that not enough?


Squeeze - Another Nail In My Heart (on Argybargy)

I'm better off without you
Do you regret all your loneliness?


The Early November - I Want To Hear You Sad (on For All Of This)

You walked out, at first I celebrated
This footloose, fancy-free stuff's overrated


The Pretenders - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (on Loose Screw)

Now the mirror hurts
And everybody is gone,
And I'm an expert
At pretending that nothing's wrong.


Patrick Park - Nothing's Wrong (on Loneliness Knows My Name and the EP by the same name)

There's a million miles to go
To where happiness lives


Magnet - Where Happiness Lives (on On Your Side and the Where Happiness Lives EP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home