Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Monday, February 05, 2007

The Smiths, Covered



These songs helped satisfy that craving for Smiths covers I got after wishing Uncut had done a Smiths tribute disc this month. A new covers CD would be cool, but in the meantime The Smiths are hardly going uncovered, so to speak.

Pete Yorn - Panic (a bonus track on the deluxe edition of musicforthemorningafter)

Billy Bragg - Never Had No One Ever (on The Smiths Is Dead)

Speedstar - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (on JJJ - Like A Version)

t.A.T.u. - How Soon Is Now? (on The Best. Johnny Marr doesn't think very highly of this cover, though; he calls it "just silly".)

Also, yesterday Dodge posted a bunch of covers of "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want", along with both the original and a live version by The Smiths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home