Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Thursday, February 01, 2007

Travis Previews New Album, Reveals Title

In a phone interview during Steve Lamacq's BBC 6 show, Travis's Fran Healy discussed the band's forthcoming album, which he revealed is called The Boy With No Name.

That's also the name of a British award-winning animated short, so possibly it was named after that. The animated film is about "the loneliness and exclusion of a troubled soul, lost and trapped in a world which he feels he does not belong to." Then "he is lead on a fantastical journey" and finds his destiny. The film is online; YouTube apparently isn't, so I'm not sure whether it's there.

The album The Boy With No Name is out May 7th and will be preceded by first single "Closer", out on April 23rd. Healy said it was chosen because "it just bred the rest of the album".

According to Healy, the group has "gone back to what we do best, and that is what is from the heart". He says the album is "rocky and then it's pop and sweet too. After a time of feeling stuck we feel we can do anything. We've come through the dark places and it feels like we've found our muse once more." I'm sure we'll soon learn whether that's an animated muse.

Travis - All I Want To Do Is Rock (available on Singles)

2 Comments:

Blogger xolondon said...

I am glad they are embracing the sweet. That is what Franny is. As long as he ditches the beard.

8:42 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Agreed; I think their muse would be wise to keep suggesting rather sweet and lovely songs.

I also agree he should lose the beard. Maybe he grew it to make him look less boyish, but if so, hey, he's older now.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home