Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Uncyclopedia: Wikipedia's Less Accurate, Funnier Cousin

Read about this at Slashdot; it's Uncyclopedia, an "adoptive first cousin" to Wikipedia that serves the same function, except it spreads misinformation, and is intended to be funny. Awesome idea. Only why isn't there an entry for Trillian yet? It has nothing to do with my handle... but where's the Trillian love? There's also no entry for Encyclopedia Brown! Or The Three Investigators, for that matter. Granted, there's a funny entry on cheese and Britney Spears is at long last, given a pretty appropriate amount of text, and a good, silly entry.

Fun site. Here's a semi-random smattering of some of the other entries I've looked up:

MP3 (there's an "mp3" link on that page too... which was actually the first one I read. Check out that one as well if you like. It would have been cruel to link to that one instead of the MP3 link. Funny good, cruel bad)

CD

truth (awesome)

Donald Trump

England (I like the "Accents" part best)

pirate (can't believe I forgot Talk Like A Pirate Day this year)

coffee

angst (great)

encyclopedia

Earth

Morrissey

Bloom County

mp3:Duran Duran - Too Much Information (from Duran Duran 2 (The Wedding Album))

1 Comments:

Blogger trill42 said...

I wonder what Oscar Wilde would say about all the Oscar Wilde quotes. :) Funny about Wikipedia giving the jokesters a place to crack wise so they (hopefully) wouldn't do it as much at Wikipedia. Sort of like giving skateboarders a skateboard park to keep them away from other parks... arguably better social policy than just prohibiting the behaviour and expecting it to stop.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home