Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day of Love



Greetings, all. Hope you've been enjoying a resplendent Labor Day, especially if you live in the States, where the wish is most relevant today.

I'm posting a few songs loosely inspired by the holiday, including a 1988 gem by Aussie band Hunters & Collectors. Alright, so a couple of these songs are by Australian artists. Nothing unpatriotic about that; this isn't the Fourth of July. I'm not on trial here! It's supposed to be a pleasant holiday-resplendent, even!

Eels - Rags to Rags (on Beautiful Freak)

Hunters & Collectors - Back on the Breadline (on Collected Works)

Timbuk 3 - Welcome to the Human Race (on Some of the Best of Timbuk3: Field Guide)

Frente! - Labour of Love (on Marvin the Album)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home