Kofi's hat

Kofi's hat

MP3s, music news and reviews, and a sprinkling of pop culture. Named by Aqualung's Matt Hales, after his son.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Ink in my blood, a song in my heart. Metaphor is my middle name.



Sunday, July 17, 2005

Big Star & Elliott Smith

I updated a post to add a requested song way down yonder (permalink) but it's going to slip away into archived-postville soon, and a request should be easy to spot. Plus, this gives me an excuse to post some more Big Star and a Big Star cover.

mp3:Big Star - Dony

mp3:Big Star - Feel

mp3:Big Star - Thirteen

mp3:Elliott Smith - Thirteen (Big Star cover, naturally)

4 Comments:

Blogger Glenda Ollero said...

You're a prince. Thanks.

I've got covers of "Thirteen" by Wilco and Kind Of Like Spitting here somewhere. Let me know if you fancy a listen and I'll upload them for ya. Personally, my favorite Big Star track is "Kangaroo".

1:04 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

No problem! I actually have that Kind of Like Spitting cover, though I forgot I did. I'd love to have the Wilco one; thanks! I also have a Posies cover of Thirteen, come to think of it... and a couple covers of Kangaroo (Jeff Buckley and Honeychild). Let me know if you'd like any/all of these.

Not that much longer 'till the new album...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Glenda Ollero said...

Would love to hear those covers too. :D Thanks.

As promised:

Wilco - Thirteen

4:09 AM  
Blogger trill42 said...

Love it; thanks! That's such a pretty version. I'm a sucker for that song anyway. I don't know about a fave Big Star song BTW, too hard to choose. Kanga Roo & Thirteen would definitely be up there. I'm tempted to start adding songs to the list, but I'll leave it there.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home